We were able to harvest for the first time in two months after sowing the garden.
The 6th week after planting the seedlings, the first harvest!
What did you harvest?
We picked some okra, green beens, mini tomatoes, cucumber and eggplant.
The sweet potatoes aren’t ready yet, but it looks like we’ll have a good crop.
- I ate one mini tomato, it was soft and tasted sweet! What’s for dinner tonight?
- We’re going to have okra and eggplant miso soup for dinner this evening as well as a salad.
But you don’t like okra right?
You should try it, after all if you don’t eat it what will you have?
I have tried it, that’s why I don’t like it.
Tonight, I’ll just have some clam chowder that I have in the cupboard.
That will suit me fine.
Don’t forget, we’re also having a salad made with the other garden vegetables and I like salads.
- Did you get a lot of green beans this time?
No, not so many.
Next year we’ll grow something different.
We have to make our space count because we have so little of it.
- What plants are good for limited space?
Tomatoes, okra, green peppers, eggplant, and cucumber grow well in limited space.
The sweet potatoes grow very well.
How about Halloween pumpkins?
Do they taste good?
That’s a good idea! They taste good, if prepared properly.
We’ll think about that for next year.
- Yeah, pumpkin pie for next years Halloween.
That and perhaps more.
We’ll just have to see what we can get out of the garden!